If you’re in the mood to expand your knowledge when it comes to teeth and oral health, we’ve got some interesting bits of trivia for you!
- Did you know that tooth decay in children is a new concept? Kids in prehistoric times didn’t have to worry about it because their diets were free of sugar!
- The only organ that’s fully developed at birth in a human baby is the tongue
- Women smile an average of 62 times a day
- Before modern toothbrushes, humans in ancient history would clean their teeth with twigs and roots.
- Of every 2,000 babies born, one will have a tooth already in their mouth.
- The strongest substance in the human body is tooth enamel
- The Chinese celebrate a holiday called ‘Love your Teeth’ day
- Snails have thousands of teeth all lined up in rows
- Some people in medieval Germany believed kissing a donkey would cure a toothache
- The ancient Romans used to make toothpaste out of honey and eggshells
- Much like a fingerprint, everyone’s tongue print is unique too